One of the most spectacular walk in south-east England, from Eastbourne to Seaford (or vice versa), about 22km.
The walk can be interrupted in several points, allowing you to jump on a bus to reach your final destination (if needed).
In our case, we reached Seaford easily by train, from London Victoria the journey is about 1.5 hours and the cost is around 12£.
Once on the beach looking at the hill in front of us it almost makes us regretting our choice…Once on top of the hill the stunning view it becomes fuel for our body, the landscape that changes constantly while walking is so gorgeous that it’s like a drug, you want more and more.
Unfortunately, it started raining and with no shelter whatsoever there no much to do, it rained so hard that even with a waterproof jacket we got soaked…
Passing through a little river and hiked several hills we reached Birling Gap, after 3-4 hours walking, completely wet, we decided, wisely, to catch the bus to Eastbourne and get some rest and some food in a nice pub by the beach, Sunday Roast and a couple of pints warmed us up…
Crown and Anchor (crownandanchoreastbourne.co.uk), 15-16 Marine Parade, Eastbourne, BN21 3DX
Finally dried and with a full belly we headed to the station to catch the train back to London, our mind is still full of stunning landscapes and our heart is full of happiness
Some useful numbers:
Max elevation: 142m
Min elevation: 2m
- Seaford to Cuckmere Haven (via Hope gap): 3,2km
- Cuckmere Haven to Exceat: 3km
- Exceat to Birling Gap: 6,1km
- Birling Gap to Beachy Head: 4.8km
- Beachy Head to Eastbourne: 5,2km
- Seaford to Exceat 6.2km (3.9 miles)
- Seaford to Birling Gap: 12.9km (8.0 miles)
- Seaford to Beachy Head: 17,7km (11 miles)
- Exceat to Beachy Head 10.9km (6.8 miles)
- Exceat to Eastbourne: 16.1km (10 miles)